Tropical Storm Barry Debris Collection - Lafayette Parish
Jul 24, 2019 02:34PM
● By Press Release
Additional storm debris collection will continue through Lafayette Consolidated Government’s (LCG) contractor, DNC Emergency Services (DNC). DNC has finalized their mobilization plan to collect the remaining material generated by Tropical Storm Barry. LCG asks residents with yard waste and storm debris to be aware of the following for the collection:
· Yard waste debris should be separate from ANY other type of debris, including construction debris and treated wood.
· If using a container for yard waste, it must be less than a 35 gallon container and weigh less than 50 pounds.
· Yard waste can also be collected in piles or bags, but please keep debris clear of obstructions such as power lines.
· Yard waste may not be collected on regular waste collection days.
· Due to different equipment and staff needed, entire neighborhoods, streets, or even single lots may not be collected all at the same time, but they will be collected.
· Utilize the curbside storm debris collection rather than bringing yard waste to the LCG Compost Facility. The compost yard has reached capacity and cannot accept any additional yard waste loads at this time. The public will be notified when the Compost Facility is able to accept more yard waste material. The temporary cessation at the Compost Facility will NOT delay curbside yard waste collection.
The public’s patience is greatly appreciated as LCG and its contractors work to remove storm debris from within the City of Lafayette and the unincorporated areas of the parish. Additional information or instructions will be provided as necessary to assist Lafayette residents in their storm debris collection.