MAYOR-PRESIDENT GUILLORY OPTS-IN LAFAYETTE PARISH BARSSep 23, 2020 05:10PM ● By News Desk
In a statement released earlier today by LCG officials, Lafayette Mayor-President Josh Guillory has notified Governor John Bel Edwards that Lafayette Parish is "opting-in" pursuant to Proclamation Number 117 JBE 2020. This will allow bars in the parish to open for on-premises consumption at the full extent authorized by the Governor’s current proclamation. Bars allowed to open under the order must adhere to the following restrictions:
· Bars may reopen and offer tableside service only. Standing and bar service will be prohibited.
· Indoor capacity shall be limited to a 25% occupancy rate or 50 people, whichever is less.
· Outdoor capacity shall be limited to 50 people and only for tableside service.
· Tables shall be spaced in accordance with State Fire Marshal social distancing guidelines.
· Bars and other Class AG permit holders including daiquiri shops must cease all sale and service of alcoholic beverages and close no later than 11 P.M.
· No person under the age of twenty-one (21) shall be allowed on to the premises.
· Live music is prohibited.
To read the letter sent to the Governor's office, click the attached pdf. For more information and the full guidelines, please visit opensafely.la.gov.